Youth camp is next week! Don't miss out on this opportunity for your young athlete to learn from our High School coaches and players.
To register and for ALL the details click the link below. Looking forward to seeing everyone out on the field again!
Good evening Football Family! We are emailing you this evening to keep you informed on the 2020 season. A number of things to update so we apologize in advance if this gets lengthy!
1. Another hurdle was crossed in our meeting last Thursday with TCNYFL. We have a solid plan in place across the metro to adress Covid-19 and the game we all love. So as it stands, we are moving forward with planning for the 2020 season! The next large hurdle for us to get over is the MSHSL meeting on Tuesday...keep your fingers crossed.
2. Reminder that Youth Camp is a GO! You can register via the link below or in person tomorrow morning. Youth Camp is Monday-Thursday, 9:30a-11:30a on the fields behind the high school. Just to make sure everyone is aware, we have removed the equipment pick-up portion on Thursday we had previously communicated. www.anokafootball.com for more info!
3. Equipment Handout will be 8/10 - 8/13 from 6-8p at Central Park. More details to come here as we are finalizing how to handle getting everyone their gear in a safe and timely manner. Bear in mind, the first week of practice uses limited equipment. If you get a pair of pants or shoulder pads that are the wrong size or don't fit, board members will be on hand the following week to assist you! Additional details to come regarding equipment handouts.
4. Registartion is extended out to August 9th! We had a number of community members reach out and want to get their young athlete registered so we did extend the deadline. That being said, it will become very difficult for us to take any registrations after this date.
5. We have been getting alot of questions surrounding the topic of refunds. As a board it is our stance that should we not be able to finish the season we will look to refund as much of your registration fee as possible. Much like other sports, we have some built in costs that are inevitable and those increase the further we get into the season; but, we will commit to getting you back anything we can should the situation arise.
6. Finally, we wanted to let everyone know that should the season be cancelled we will be looking to other opportunities to get you child engaged with their peers while staying active. We are unsure of that this might look like at this time but we will do what we can to fill the void should football get cancelled.
As previously stated, any/all of the above is subject to change...welcome to 2020. We are doing our best to keep you as up to date and informed as possible. Look for a potential update Wednesday dependant on the MSHSL meeting on Tuesday. Look also for a program update by Sunday with any further details we have regarding equipment handouts.
As always, email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or conerns and make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter @araafootball.
Have a wonderful evening,
ARAA Football Board
Hello Football Families,
We have two updates for everyone.
1. In working closely with the high school staff, we both agreed to move our Youth Camp the High School facilitates back to August 3rd-6th.
Multiple factors play a role in the decision (staffing, more accurate registration headcount, hopefully having new guidance from the state and MSHSL regarding the football season, etc). Look for another update from us by 7/29.
We currently anticipate Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sessions (8/3-8/5) will be at Anoka High School with a Youth Combine Thursday night at Central Park.
Thursday night will consist of player evaluations and our first equipment handout, with subsequent equipment handouts and evaluations occuring in the following weeks (more details to come). We will be receiving a flyer from the high school regarding registration, timing and additional details soon!
2. Based on the change to the Youth Camp dates, our tentative equipment handouts scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, July 22 and Thursday July 23rd will not take placplacee.
As we've noted before, we thank you and appreciate your patience in advance as we are doing our best to provide definitive dates, but have many factors working against better lead times and the viability of the season. We would also like to thank those who reached out looking for DIBS opportunities for the now cancelled equipment handouts. Look for an update on DIBS next week as well.
As always if you have and questions or concerns reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Thank you again for your understanding in these fluid times,
ARAA Football Board
Our 2020 player application is live. Click on the link in the maroon bar below. We can't wait to get on the field with everyone!
Our 2020 football coaching application is live. Click on the link in the maroon bar below. Thank you for your volunteerism!
Click on this link for the Scholarship Grant-In-Aid Registration