Anoka Ramsey Baseball is looking for a Tournament Director for the upcoming 2019 baseball season. Main responsibilities include the setup and execution of two key baseball tournaments – the House season-ending tournament and the Gopher State 13U A Tournament of Champions. We need to fill this important role to ensure the success of each of these tournaments and to ensure that we can continue to offer them to the baseball community.
1. Works with the Volunteer Director in determining jobs and assigning volunteers required for the tournament.
2. Contacts the Concessions Director (ARAA board position) when preparing for tournaments. Acquire the necessary permits for concessions if needed.
3. Works with the House Director and appropriate Age Group Coordinators to establish tournament brackets/scheduling.
4. Plans and reserves fields for tournaments with Field and Umpire scheduling Director.
5. Works with the Communications Director to establish the appropriate amount of communication of the event.
6. Works with the MYAS to promote AR baseball hosted tournaments.
7. Determines the necessary equipment needed to run the tournament and works closely with the Equipment Director.
8. Communicates results of the tournament to the participating teams and community.
9. Supervises the Concessions Coordinator.
If you are interested in this position or have questions, please contact Anoka Ramsey Baseball Commissioner, Dan Dow, at baseball@ARSports.org. Thank you.
"One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time."
- author unknown
"I take positives out of the negatives all the time."
- David Wright