If you are interested in any of the following board positions or have questions, please contact Anoka Ramsey Baseball Commissioner, Dan Dow, at baseball@ARSports.org. Thank you.
1. Assist the commissioner while maintaining another position on the board.
2. Assume the commissioner’s responsibilities if the commissioner is not able to perform as the commissioner.
Anoka Ramsey Baseball is looking for a Tournament Director for next baseball season. Main responsibilities include the setup and execution of two key baseball tournaments – the House season-ending tournament and the Gopher State 13U A Tournament of Champions. We need to fill this important role to ensure the success of each of these tournaments and to ensure that we can continue to offer them to the baseball community.
1. Works with the Volunteer Director in determining jobs and assigning volunteers required for the tournament.
2. Contacts the Concessions Director (ARAA board position) when preparing for tournaments. Acquire the necessary permits for concessions if needed.
3. Works with the House Director and appropriate Age Group Coordinators to establish tournament brackets/scheduling.
4. Plans and reserves fields for tournaments with Field and Umpire scheduling Director.
5. Works with the Communications Director to establish the appropriate amount of communication of the event.
6. Works with the MYAS to promote AR baseball hosted tournaments.
7. Determines the necessary equipment needed to run the tournament and works closely with the Equipment Director.
8. Communicates results of the tournament to the participating teams and community.
9. Supervises the Concessions Coordinator.
1. Set up coaching clinic before practices start in the spring.
2. Set up training opportunities for players during the off-season.
3. Develop and maintain coaching manual.
4. Set up and implement coaches evaluation during the season.
5. Work with the high school coaching staff to coordinate development efforts.
6. Work with the communication director to keep the arsports.org. website current with the latest coach and player development opportunities.
1. Coordinates with Directors to identify equipment needs. Orders equipment as needed.
2. Estimates equipment needs and provides requirements to program Directors for upcoming year's budget development.
3. The Equipment Director has the authority to order and/or purchase equipment, as directed by the Commissioners, within the yearly budget approved by the ARAA board. The Commissioners and/or the ARAA Board before its purchase must approve any purchases not included in the yearly budget.
4. Coordinates with House and Traveling Directors to install bases and L-screens at beginning of season, maintain during season, remove and store at end of season.
5. Coordinates the distribution of equipment at the beginning of the season.
6. Coordinates the receipt of equipment after the season.
7. Coordinates the maintenance of equipment and replacement of equipment as necessary.
1. Assists the Senior House Director for 3rd through 6th grade teams.
1. Volunteer Requirement: 4 hrs volunteering time per registered child or a maximum of 8 hrs per family per season, or pay a $250 volunteer buyout option per registered child.
2. Fundraising Requirement: Sell a minimum of 10 pizzas per registered child per season or pay a $50 fundraising buyout option.
"One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time."
- author unknown